This was the first blog I posted just over three months ago. I still like these quotations. The picture is from when I was in Thailand.
It seems appropriate that my first blog be a few quotations about why I love to travel and expand my world:
- “Sometime in your life you will go on a journey. It will be the longest journey you have ever taken. It is the journey to find yourself.” Katherine Sharpe
- “The border means more than a customs house, a passport officer, a man with a gun. Over there everything is going to be different; life is never going to be quite the same again after your passport has been stamped.” Graham Greene
- “The next best thing to being rich is traveling as though you were.” Stephen Birnbaum
- “The question is not what you look at but what you see.” Thoreau
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” Marcel Proust